Undergraduate Academic Programs
Undergraduate students may earn this minor in addition to the baccalaureate degree. Students considering this minor may visit Harriet Castrataro for academic advising.
Department of Applied Health Science
School of HPER
1025 E. 7th St.
Bloomington, IN 47405-7109
hcastrat [at] indiana [dot] edu
Students who decide to pursue this minor should visit their school's academic records office to have this minor officially added to their academic objective.
This undergraduate minor program is intended for students in degree programs other than the dietetics and nutrition science majors, who wish to add this specialty to their studies. This minor requires:
- successful completion of 15 credit hours prescribed below.
- a minimum grade of C- in each course used in the minor.
- a minimum cumulative minor GPA of 2.0.
Note: No course in this minor may be taken under the Pass/Fail Option.
Nutrition Core Course (6 cr.):
Complete each of the following courses:
- HPER-N 120 Introduction to Foods (3 cr.)
- HPER-N 220 Nutrition for Health (3 cr.) or HPER-N 231 Human Nutrition (3 cr.)
Nutrition Elective Courses (9 cr.)
Complete three of the following courses:
- HPER-N 317 Topical Seminar in Nutrition/Dietetics: Diet, Disease, and Fitness (3 cr.)
- HPER-N 317 Topical Seminar in Nutrition/Dietetics: Nutrition in the Community (3 cr.)
- HPER-N 320 Food Chemistry (3 cr.)
- HPER-N 331 Life Cycle Nutrition (3 cr.)
- HPER-N 430 Advanced Nutrition I (3 cr.)
- HPER-N 432 Advanced Nutrition II (3 cr.)
- HPER-N 480 Mechanisms of Nutrient Action (3 cr.)