Undergraduate Academic Programs
Undergraduate students in all schools except the College of Arts and Sciences may earn this minor in addition to the baccalaureate degree. Students considering this minor may visit Harriet Castrataro for academic advising.
Department of Applied Health Science
School of HPER
1025 E. 7th St.
Bloomington, IN 47405-7109
hcastrat [at] indiana [dot] edu
Students who decide to pursue this minor should visit their school's academic records office to have this minor officially added to their academic objective.
This undergraduate minor program is intended for students in degree programs who wish to add the study of human sexuality. This minor requires:
- successful completion of 15 credit hours prescribed below.
- a minimum grade of C- in each course used in the minor.
- a minimum cumulative minor GPA of 2.0.
Note: No course in this minor may be taken under the Pass/Fail Option.
Human Sexuality Core Courses: (9 cr.)
Complete each of the following courses:
- HPER-F 255 Human Sexuality (3 cr.)
- HPER-H 340 Practicum in College Sex Education (3 cr.)
- HPER-H 305 Women's Health (3 cr.) or HPER-H 306 Men's Health (3 cr.)
Human Sexuality Elective Courses (6 cr.)
Complete two of the following electives:
- HPER-H 305 Women's Health (if not used in required courses) (3 cr.)
- HPER-H 306 Men's Health (if not used in required courses) (3 cr.)
- HPER-H 326 AIDS and Other Sexually Transmitted Diseases (3 cr.)
- CJUS-P 412 Sex, Drugs, AIDS, and Criminal Law (3 cr.)
- CJUS-P 423 Sexuality and the Law (3 cr.)
- GNDR-G 225 Gender, Sexuality, and Popular Culture (3 cr.)
- GNDR-G 303 Knowledge and Sex (3 cr.)
- GNDR-G 310 Representation and the Body (3 cr.)
- SOC-S 321 Sexual Diversity (3 cr.)
- SOC-S 422 Constructing Sexuality (3 cr.)
- Other sexuality-related course with approval of applied health science advisor (3 cr.)