Graduate Academic Programs
Doctoral Degree Program (PhD)
Applied Health Science Options for Doctoral MinorThe courses required for the applied health science doctoral minor options are as follows:
- Gerontology HPER-H 524 /EDUC-P 513, HPER-C 535, HPER-C 615 /HPER-K 500, HPER-R 565, HPER-R 566; EDUC-P 517, EDUC-P 518.
- Health Promotion HPER-C 589, HPER-H 500 OR HPER-H 635 ; 9 additional credits in consultation with an advisor.
- Human Development and Family Studies HPER-H 654. Select 12 credits from HPER F-510, HPER-F 517, HPER-F 531, HPER-F 532, HPER-F 533, HPER-F 541, HPER-F 543, HPER-F 546, HPER-F 557, HPER-F 558, HPER-F 559, HPER-F 560, HPER-F 640, HPER-F 641, and HPER-F 656 in consultation with an advisor.
- Human Sexuality Education HPER-C 589, HPER-H 515, HPER-H 540, HPER-H 555; 3 additional credits in consultation with an advisor.
- International/Global Health HPER-H530, HPER-H635, HPER-H643 or HPER-H 645, HPER-C589 or HPER-S552 or HPER-F654, and select one course with a C,H,S,F,N pre-fix or approval of advisor
- Nutrition Science HPER-N 530, HPER-N 532, HPER-N 640, CHEM-C 483 or CHEM-C 484 or MCHE-C 580; select one course from HPER-N 520, HPER-N 531, HPER-N 536, HPER-N 600, HPER-N 601, HPER-N 620, and HPER-N 641 in consultation with an advisor.
- Public Health HPER-C 501, HPER-C 589, HPER-C 611, HPER-H 500; select one course from HPER-C 510, HPER-C 514, HPER-C 515, HPER-C 516, HPER-C 518, HPER-C 640, HPER-C641, HPER-H 530 in consultation with an advisor.
- Safety Management HPER-C 589; an additional 12 credits in consultation with an advisor.
- School and College Health Programs HPER-C 589, HPER-H 500 or HPER-H 502, HPER-H 510, HPER-H 623, HPER-H 635.
Kinesiology Options for Doctoral Minor
Courses required for a doctoral minor in kinesiology are individually determined through consultation with a faculty advisor.
Recreation, Park, and Tourism Studies Options for Doctoral Minor
Courses required for the doctoral minor in experiential education are listed below. Courses required for additional minors in recreation, park, and tourism studies are individually determined through consultation with a faculty advisor.
- Experiential Education 15 credits are required for this minor. Specific courses are to be determined in consultation with a faculty advisor. School of HPER courses eligible for selection are HPER-R 504, HPER-R 511, HPER-R 512, HPER-H 513, HPER-R 543, HPER-R 544, HPER-R 564, and HPER-R515 with the topic Theoretical Foundations of Adventure/Experiential Education. Students may also elect to include one of the following School of Education courses: EDUC-P 540, EDUC-P 545, EDUC-G 532, EDUC-G 573, EDUC-G 575.