Social and Historical Studies
Social and Historical studies courses help students understand human cultures and the impact of historical events that shaped their development. The theoretical underpinnings and methodologies introduced will provide students with critical analytical skills. The courses are also expected to increase the social awareness of students through intercultural knowledge and the ability to reason ethically. Knowledge of specific historical and social situations will help students integrate an appreciation for diversity and inclusiveness into their approach to life-long learning.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the Social and Historical Studies requirement will demonstrate
- knowledge of human cultures based on an understanding of history, social situations, and social institutions;
- the ability to think critically and creatively;
- skills of inquiry and analysis;
- quantitative and/or qualitative literacy through theory and methodology;
- intercultural and/or civic knowledge.