Basic Skills Testing
Basic Skills Testing: All teacher education programs at Indiana University Bloomington require documentation of reading, writing, and mathematics basic skills. The State of Indiana accepts documentation through five options.
- SAT combined scores of 1100 for Math and Critical Reading/Verbal.
- ACT combined scores of 24 (average of English/Grammar, Mathematics, Reading, and Scientific Reasoning).
- Praxis I the Pre-Professional Skills Test (PPST, Educational Testing Service, NJ). Minimum individual scores of Reading—176, Math—175, and Writing—172 or a combined score of 527.
- GRE combined scores of 1100 for Verbal and Quantitative Reasoning.
- Master's degree from a a regionally accredited institution.