Departments & Programs
Environmental and Sustainability Studies
Minor in Environmental and Sustainability Studies
Students must complete at least 18 credit hours in approved Environmental and Sustainability Studies course work, including the following:
- One introductory foundation course (3 cr.) chosen from ANTH-E 101, GEOG-G 208, GEOL-G 105, or SPEA-E 162.
- An upper-level Human-Environment Systems Training Course chosen from Appendix B.
- Twelve credit hours of elective courses selected from the Concentration Area list comprised of
- At least 9 credit hours in the minor must be completed at the 300 or 400 level.
Note: Students pursuing the Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science are not eligible to earn the minor.
- ANTH-E 328 Ecological Anthropology
- ANTH-E 380 Urban Anthropology
- ANTH-E 418 Globalization and Consumer Culture
- ANTH-E 444 People and Protected Areas: Theories of Conservation
- BIOL-T 312 Societal Issues in Biotechnology
- GEOG-G 315 Environmental Conservation
- GEOG-G 411 Sustainable Development Systems
- GEOG-G 449 Political Ecology
- GEOL-G 448 Sustainable Energy Systems
- HPSC-X 338 Science and Religion
- HPSC-X 370 Science and Gender
- HPSC-X 394 Structure and Methods of the Life Sciences
- HPSC-X 451 Scientific Understanding
- HPSC-X 452 Modern Philosophy of Science
- HPSC-X 456 Philosophy of Science in Antiquity
- SPEA-E 324 Controversies in Environmental Health
- SPEA-E 422 Urban Forest Management
- SPEA-E 457 Introduction to Conservation Biology