Departments & Programs
Business Minor for Telecommunications Majors
Telecommunications majors may earn a minor, designed specifically for telecommunications majors, in the Kelley School of Business. This plan of study emphasizes management and marketing and consists of 15 credit hours. Students electing this minor must fulfill course prerequisites listed in the current Kelley School of Business Undergraduate Academic Bulletin and supplements.
Students electing this minor in business must notify the academic advisor of the Department of Telecommunications.
A minimum of 15 credit hours in business courses, including the following:
1. All three of the following courses in the Kelley School of Business:
- BUS-A 200 Foundations of Accounting (3 cr.)
- BUS-L 201 Legal Environment of Business (3 cr.)
- BUS-Z 302 Managing and Behavior in Organizations (3 cr.)
2. Two of the following courses in the Kelley School of Business:
- BUS-G 300 Introduction to Managerial Economics (3 cr.)
- BUS-F 300 Introduction to Financial Management (3 cr.) P: A200 or A201 or A202.
- BUS-L 356 Intellectual Property Law and Strategy in a Global Environment (3 cr.)
- BUS-M 300 Introduction to Marketing (3 cr.) P: A200 or A201 or A202.
- BUS-M 311 Introduction to Marketing Communications (3 cr.) P: M300.
- BUS-M 312 Retail Marketing Management (3 cr.) P: M300.
- BUS-P 300 Introduction to Operations Management (3 cr.) P: A200 or A201 or A202.
- BUS-R 300 Real Estate Law (3 cr.) P: L201 or L293 with a grade of C or higher.
- BUS-Z 447 Leadership, Teamwork, and Diversity (3 cr.) P: Z302 or Z304.
Recommended course (does not count toward 15 credit hour business minor):
- ECON-E 201 Introduction to Microeconomics (3 cr.)
Telecommunications majors may count only two courses for a maximum of 6 credit hours toward both the Business Minor for Telecommunications and another minor offered by the Kelley School of Business.