Departments & Programs
Major in Geological Sciences—B.A.
The B.A. in geology provides a broadly based background in the fundamentals of the geological sciences. It offers maximum flexibility in course selection to enhance interdisciplinary study and makes a double major easily accessible to students in related fields.
Students must complete 31 credit hours, including the following:
1. 25 credit hours of courses in the geological sciences, to include
- At least one course at the 100 level, with a maximum of three courses
- At least one course at the 200 level, with a maximum of two courses
- At least one course at the 300 level
- At least one course of 3 or more credits at the 400 level
- Course work at the 200, 300, or 400 level to reach a minimum of 25 credit hours in geological sciences
2. At least 6 additional credit hours of College of Arts and Sciences courses that carry Natural and Mathematical Sciences Breadth of Inquiry credit, chosen from a department or departments other than Geological Sciences.
Students must also complete the degree requirements of the College of Arts and Sciences.