Departments & Programs
Minor in Archaeology
Students must complete a minimum of 15 credit hours in anthropology to include:
- P200 Introduction to Archaeology
- One course in archaeological methods: P301, P380, P385, P405, P406, P409, P425, P426 or other course selected in consultation with the advisor. P405 is recommended.
- At least one 300–400 level course with "P" prefix in the archaeology of a particular geographic region. Students may elect to take Classical Studies C412, C413, C414, or C419 as their regional-focus course.
- At least one additional course with P prefix at the 300 level or above.
- One additional course in anthropology on a topic related to archaeology, selected in consultation with the advisor. ANTH A105 or a Critical Approaches to the Arts and Sciences course taught by an archaeologist in Anthropology may count toward the minor.
- With the approval of the director of undergraduate studies or the academic advisor, up to 5 credit hours from A406, A408, A495, and A496 for projects or work related to archaeology may count toward the minor.