- Students enrolled in a certificate program must complete it within 18 credit hours of approved SPEA course work with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (B). Failure to do so results in automatic dismissal from the certificate program. A student will be dismissed if, after 9 credit hours of coursework, the GPA is below 3.0.
- Students who have completed more than three SPEA courses are not eligible for admission to a certificate program.
- Transfer credit, course substitutions, or course waivers are not accepted for meeting the Public Management, Nonprofit Management, or Health Systems Management certificate requirements.
- Students admitted to a SPEA graduate degree program are not eligible for admission to the certificate program or eligible for the awarding of a certificate.
- Admission to or successful completion of a certificate program does not guarantee subsequent admission to a SPEA graduate degree program.
- Students enrolled in the certificate program who apply to SPEA’s graduate degree programs must meet all existing admission requirements.
- Students planning to request admission to a SPEA graduate degree program after successfully completing a certificate program should refer to the application procedure presented earlier in this bulletin.
for the PDF version.