- Students enrolled in a certificate program must complete it within 18 credit hours of approved SPEA course work with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (B). Failure to do so results in automatic dismissal from the certificate program. A student will be dismissed if, after 9 credit hours of coursework, the GPA is below 3.0.
- Students who have completed more than three SPEA courses are not eligible for admission to a certificate program.
- Transfer credit, course substitutions, or course waivers are not accepted for meeting the Public Management, Nonprofit Management, or Health Systems Management certificate requirements. Students in the Hazardous Materials Management Certificate Program may utilize these options; however, they must first have the approval of their campus graduate program advisors.
- Students admitted to a SPEA graduate degree program are not eligible for admission to the certificate program or eligible for the awarding of a certificate.
- Admission to or successful completion of a certificate program does not guarantee subsequent admission to a SPEA graduate degree program.
- Students enrolled in the certificate program who apply to SPEA’s graduate degree programs must meet all existing admission requirements.
- Students planning to request admission to a SPEA graduate degree program after successfully completing a certificate program should refer to the application procedure presented earlier in this bulletin.
for the PDF version.