Policies & Procedures
SPEA Bloomington Probation Policy
A student will be placed on academic probation if his/her cumulative or semester grade point average is below 2.00 or his/her SPEA GPA falls below 2.30. In the Bachelor of Science in Arts Management, students will be placed on probation if the SPEA GPA falls below a 2.7 or the cumulative falls below a 2.3. In order for the SPEA GPA to be considered, a student must have completed 12 or more credit hours in the major. If a student is not making satisfactory progress toward a degree at the conclusion of the probation semester, the student may be dismissed from the school.
SPEA Indianapolis Probation Policy
- Students will be placed on academic probation if any of the following occur:
- IU cumulative grade point average (GPA) falls below 2.0,
- Semester GPA falls below 2.0, or
- With at least 12 credits in the major, the SPEA GPA falls below 2.3.
- Students will be informed of their probationary status by letter.
- SPEA students on academic probation are required to participate in an approved intervention program provided by SPEA during their first semester on academic probation.
- SPEA students will be continued on probation when their semester GPA is a 2.0 or above but their cumulative IU GPA is below 2.0.