IUPUI Services

Career Information

Information about employment in specific careers is available from Indiana University Career and Employment Services, Business/ SPEA Building 2010, (317) 274-2554; E-mail: career [at] iupui [dot] edu; and the School of Social Work’s Office of Student Services. http://www.career.iupui.edu

Financial Aid

Opportunities for financial aid for graduate students are different from those for undergraduates. It is important to understand that graduate students are only eligible for loans from IU financial aid. Persons interested in financial aid should contact the following office:

Office of Financial Aid

IUPUI Campus Center, Suite CE 250
425 University Boulevard
Indianapolis, IN 46202-5145
Undergraduate: (317) 274-4162
Graduate: (317) 278-2862
E-mail: lemross [at] iupui [dot] edu
Web: www.iupui.edu/%7efinaid/

Additionally, the School of Social Work has some limited funds available for tuition assistance. Information regarding financial awards from the School of Social Work will be made available to students at the beginning of the academic year.

Student Housing

Department of Campus Housing
Ball Residence Hall, Room 107, (800) 631-1374 Because the university is an urban commuter campus, on-campus housing is limited. If you would like to live on campus, accommodations are available. Students interested in an international living experience may choose accommodations in the International House as well. The staff of the Department of Campus Housing maintains a current file of available housing located both on and off campus. Please contact the Housing Department at the above number for additional information or visit them online at http://www.housing.iupui.edu.

Student Organizations

Students of the school maintain B.S.W. and M.S.W. Social Work Student Associations, which sponsor program meetings and social affairs during the year. Through elected officers and committees, the associations serve as important channels for communication between students and faculty. In addition, these organizations appoint student representatives to various school committees. Students also are encouraged to participate in organizations related to the social work profession. Information about these organizations can be found in the B.S.W. and M.S.W. Student Handbooks.

Student Employee Health Service

Coleman Hall, Room 101, (317) 274-8214 All IUPUI students may be seen in the Office of Student Employee Health Service on a fee-for-service basis. All labs, x-rays, or referrals are the responsibility of the student. Appointments can be made by calling (317) 274-8214. The clinic is open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Applications for health insurance are available at the clinic as well. Additional information is also available online at http://health.iupui.edu/.

Students with Disabilities

By anticipating some common problem areas, the university makes every effort to help students with physical or learning disabilities make the transition to university life. A detailed list of services is available through the Office of Adaptive Educational Services, University College, Room 137; Telephone: (317) 274-3241 or TDD/TTY: (317) 278-2050; Web: www.life.iupui.edu/aes.

For student services information on the Bloomington, Gary, Richmond, and South Bend campuses, please see the respective Indiana University campus bulletin.

School Alumni

Graduates of the school maintain an active Alumni Association whereby they continue to participate in the improvement of the programs and the achievement of the school’s progressive goals. Leadership is provided by officers and an executive committee elected biennially.

Karen Deery Jones, Alumni Relations E-mail: kdeery [at] iupui [dot] edu.

Academic Bulletins

PDF Version

Click here for the PDF version.