Policies & Procedures

Transfer from One Department to Another

Matriculated students wishing to transfer from one depart­ment within the University Graduate School to another should first consult their graduate advisors or advisory committees and the graduate advisor of the new department about the wisdom of the change. International students desiring to make such a change must also obtain the approval of the Office of International Services. Application to the new department may then be made using the Application for Transfer of Depart­ment within the University Graduate School form, available in individual departments and schools. Students expecting to re­ceive a degree from the department they are transferring from should be sure that the effective date of the transfer falls after the degree will be conferred, since degrees can be conferred only in the department in which the student is enrolled.

Academic Bulletins

PDF Version

Click here for the PDF version.