Financial Support

Other Student Support Opportunities
International Student Awards

Information about international student awards may be obtained from the Office of International Services, Franklin Hall 306, Bloomington, IN 47405-2801, (812) 855-9086, or the Office of International Affairs, 620 Union Drive, Union Building 207, Indianapolis, IN 46202-5167, (317) 274-7294.

Student Loans

Long-term loans are available under the Perkins National Direct Student Loan and the Stafford Guaranteed Student Loan programs. For information about these and other loan programs, contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance, Franklin Hall 208, Bloomington, IN 47405-2801, (812) 855-0321; the automated service at (812) 855-RSVP; the Web site at; or the Office of Student Financial Aid, Cavanaugh Hall 147, Indianapolis, IN 46202-5145, (317) 274-4162; or

Doctoral Student Grant-in-Aid of Dissertation Research

A program of doctoral student grant-in-aid of research is designed to assist doctoral students in funding unusual expenses arising from the research required for the dissertation. Examples of such expenses include travel to specialized libraries or research sites, payment of subjects or computer programmers, and the purchase of specialized materials or equipment that cannot be provided by the major department. The maximum amount of aid is $1,000. Awards are made two times per year; the deadlines for the receipt of applications are March 1 and October 1. Application forms are available from the University Graduate School, Kirkwood 111, Bloomington, IN 47405-3901or visit

Research Incentive Dissertation Year Fellowship

The University Graduate School offers a fellowship for up to $10,000 for support of doctoral dissertation research. To be eligible for this award, students must demonstrate that they have applied for funding from at least two external sources. The goal of this program is to encourage students to write grant proposals for external funding. The fellowship is for students whose quest for such funding has been unsuccessful. Partial fellowship support may be granted if partial external funding is gained. Application forms are available from the University Graduate School.

Academic Bulletins

PDF Version

Click here for the PDF version.

Contact Us

Contact information for:

Additional program information can be found at the Office of Graduate Studies.