Allied Dental Programs
Student Learning Outcomes
Dental Assisting Program Goals and Outcomes Assessments
The certificate program in dental assisting will provide a quality education to prepare the student to:
- be proficient in applying knowledge of the basic behavioral and dental sciences to clinical practice in assessing and performing dental assisting procedures.
- communicate effectively with other health care professionals in coordinating and providing patient care including the use of technology and practice management techniques.
- apply problem solving and decision making skills when assisting with dental health services under the direction and supervision of the dentist.
- conduct themselves with the highest levels of professionalism, ethics, and personal integrity to the practice of compassionate, patient centered dentistry.
- internalize the importance of lifelong learning and understand the importance of remaining current as the dental health care delivery system changes.
- acquire knowledge and skills to promote and participate in preventive dental care and support oral health through promotion of total health.
- be knowledgeable of and comply with state and federal laws governing the practice of dentistry and dental assisting.
- achieve success on all national exams, certifications, and licensures.
- participate in leadership opportunities, professional organizations, and service to the community.