Individual campuses and schools (The Client)
- Assigns staff to author, edit, and publish content.
- Contacts IU Communications for access: email@example.com
- Maintains academic information such as:
- Degree programs and their requirements
- Course descriptions and metadata
- Learning resources
- Admission requirements and procedures
- Academic and nonacademic policies
- Contact Information
- Publishes content to the Academic Bulletins test server.
- Requests submission of course data to SIS.
- Requests a final publish from IU Communications
- Provides technical support and periodic training to clients regarding usage of the WCMS as it relates to their academic bulletin.
Basic WCMS training courses are offered by IT Training.
- Publishes final version of content (pages and course information) to the live public website.
- Transmits bulletin-oriented course descriptions to SIS for testing and submission.
- Delivers SIS course data test results to client; provides explanations of any errors and possible solutions.
- Prepares a new site for each new iteration of an academic bulletin.
- Acts as liaison between client and SIS.
Student Information Services (SIS)
- Maintains course data in their own dedicated computer system.
- Provides testing and publishing services for course data.